Colm O'Murchu Film Director and Head Instructor:
Here are four films that Colm O'Murchu (owner) has made. The first three are trailers for three feature films that I have directed and produced and the final film is a film that I was the cinematographer on.
Tabernacle 101 Teaser The Film is now shot and in post production and ready for release in late 2017. The Film runs at one hour forty minute. The Film was shot on location in Sydney and the Blue Mountains.
The Makeover Trailers - 100 minutes Feature Film
The actual full film has been watched 1,350,000 times online and averages about 4000 views per day.
The Makeover is a 100 minute feature film staring Lara Cox and Martin Dingle-Wall.
I produced wrote and directed and edited this film. I even acted in one scene. I will be adding the full film very soon.
The Makeover won Best Comedy Drama at the New York Downtown Film Festival. The film was also sold to Pay TV in Europe and on Pay Per view everywhere in the USA. The Makeover has come a viral success on the internet with over 1 million views online and watched thousands of times per day all over the world.
Released on DVD with Blockbuster everywhere in Australia and New Zealand and on Quickflix (Australian Netflix) April 2011.
Dealing with Destiny: Feature Film 90 minutes Starring Luke Arnold
This is a $1 million feature film made in Australia. I was hired as the Film Director. The film is about the final day of four university students who go on a final day muck up that ends in total mayhem. The film stars Luke Arnold who is currently playing Michael Hutchinson of INXS fame in the TV series "Never tear us apart"
Repressed Short Film : 12 minutes ( whole film )
I was the DOP on this film and I shot this amazing film on a micro budget of $2000. I ony had a crew of three and some how managed to shoot in the rainforest on tracks and using a considerable amount of Hand Held and Steadicam.
Colm O'Murchu- Film History
Director, Producer & Writer, DOP, Editor
- 2016 Tabernacle 101 - 90 minute Movie Currently in Production - Release November 2017
- 2015 Producer Writer Director "Absolute Freedom", 110 minute motion picture, shooting on Location in Australia and USA 2017
- 2014 DOP Fractured Light
- 2012 DOP Repressed
- 2011 - Director, Dealing with Destiny feature film (Trailer below, available on ITunes)
- 2010 - Producer, Director, Editor, DOP, Writer, THE MAKEOVER feature film
- 2009- DOP, Editor, Another Day Another Dollar
- 2006 - Director, DOP, Editor, Central Station Records Records DVD 60 mins available in all major record stores
- 2006 Common Ancestor Short Film 15 minutes DOP
- 2006 DOP EDITOR MONEY TALKS
- 2006 KLM TV DOP
- 2006 In and Out Short Film DOP Editor
- 2005 Andorra Music Clip Screened Foxtel Music Chanels SBS Director DOP Editor
- 2005 Documentaries for Ethnic Business Awards 90 Minutes Screened SBS November 2005
- 2005 Hidden Ciriculam Short Film DOP Editor
- 2005 Duality Short Film 15 Minutes Director DOP Editor Writer
- 2005 The Beach House Feature Film DOP Sydney Shoot
- 2005 The Negotiation Short Film DOP
- 2005 Ducking for Cover Short Film DOP Editor
- 2004 Three The Hard Way Feature Film Starring Sam Worthington and Steve Bestoni DVD Behind the Scenes
- 2002 - The Elixir 82 mins, Super 16mm, Producer, Writer & Director. Screenings: Cairns Film Festival (Work in Progress) 2002, Byron Bay Festival Work in progress 2001, Two awards at the Down Under Film Festival Best Director and Best Editor.The Elixir won Best Director and Best Editor awards at the Down Under Film Festival. Sales Agent for the film is Film Works in Australia New Zealand and American Film Partners in LA.
- 1999 - Celebrity Suicide 5mins, DV, Producer, Writer & Director.
- 1998 - Xenophobia 7mins, 16mm, Producer, Writer & Director. Screenings: Comedy Channel.
- 1996 - Metamorphis 20mins, 16mm, Producer, Director, & Writer. Awards: Best Editor, Sydney New Film Festival, Best Special Effects, Sydney New Film Festival.
- 1994 - Best Friends 13mins, 16mm, Producer, Director & Writer.
Related Film Experience
- 2012 - 1997 - (15 years) The Film Making and Directing Course. Colm is the founder and Head Film Instructor of the 4 Month Film School and Australian Film Base teaching emerging film makers how to make films. Colm has been involved with 171 student film productions.
- 1997 - 2000 Freelance Writer, IF Magazine.